Welcome to White Lace Inn...

Door County Lighthouses
Home ] Rates & Rooms ] Contact ] Newsletter ] Breakfast ] [ Lighthouses ] Recipes ] Weddings ] Gift Shop ] Maps ] Links ]

We are listed in the nations Top 10 romantic inns!

Rock Island Lighthouse with New Lantern Room

Door County's ten unique and beautiful lighthouses.

Download the Door County Lighthouses Brochure PDF (672KB)

  1. Baileys Harbor Range Lights - Built in 1869, automated in 1972. Between 1869 and 1969, these lights were used to gain safe entry into Baileys Harbor.
  2. Cana Island - The Cana Island Lighthouse, built in 1869 and automated in 1944, is an active navigational aid. Thanks to painters and photographers, it also is Door County's most recognizable lighthouse and one of the peninsula's most identifiable landmarks.
  3. Sturgeon Bay Canal Lighthouse - Built in 1899, automated in 1972. The bustling Coast Guard-operated station is located at the mouth of the Sturgeon Bay ship canal.
  4. Chambers Island - The island's lighthouse was built in 1858, automated in 1961. The lighthouse is open for self guided tours on weekends from Memorial Day to Labor Day when a caretaker is in residence.
  5. Eagle Bluff Lighthouse - Peninsula State Park, Fish Creek. Built in 1868, automated in 1926. The Door County Historical Society has restored this structure and turned it into a living museum.
  6. Old Baileys Harbor (Bird Cage) Lighthouse - Built in 1852 and closed in 1869 after the construction of the Baileys Harbor Range Lights.
  7. Pilot Island Lighthouse - Built in 1858, automated in 1962. A narrated boat tour passes the lighthouse as part of the Door County Maritime Museum Lighthouse Walk, held the third weekend of May.
  8. Plum Island Lighthouse - Built in 1895, automated in 1969. A common sight for those taking the Washington Island Ferry.
  9. Pottawatomie Lighthouse - Rock Island. Built in 1836, automated in 1956. The grandfather of Door County lighthouses, it sits on what now is a state park. Totally restored and open to the public.
  10. Sherwood Point Lighthouse - Sturgeon Bay. Built in 1883, automated in 1983, Sherwood Lighthouse was the last manned lighthouse on the Great Lakes.

For more lighthouse info visit the Door County Maritime Museum & Lighthouse Preservation Society.


Wireless Broadband Internet Connections available

 

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for the White Lace Inn's Email Newsletter
For Email Marketing you can trust

Visit Us on FaceBook!

Home | Rates & Rooms | White Lace Inn Gifts | Reviews | Breakfast | Contact Us
Maps/Directions | Links | The Innkeepers |
 Top 10 romantic inns

Local Weather | Dancing Bear Gift Shop | Recipes | Weddings and Honeymoons
Media/Promotional Material | White Lace Inn Gift Certificates | Items For Sale!

New! Download a collection of our favorite 11 recipes formatted to print as a standard recipe card.  (73k Adobe PDF)

White Lace Inn
16 N. 5th Avenue, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin 54235, United States
Phone: 920-743-1105 - Toll Free: 877-948-5223 - Fax: 920-743-8180

Contact Form - Romance@WhitelaceInn.com - Website: www.WhiteLaceInn.com
Guest rooms and common areas are smoke free.

Last Updated on June 05, 2013
by: Poverty Island "The Web Design Company"